Memorial Day is here and the sound of summer can officially be heard. I grew up in San Diego, but my enchantment with it only grows stronger the longer I live here (housing prices, though, you can take a hike). Here are the things I’m excited to get into this summer.
- Ride bikes with my husband around different beaches – but first, I need a bike! I have my eye on this seafoam green one with a cute basket.
- See a San Diego Symphony Bayside Summer Nights concert (Harry Potter on July 29!)
- Take in a waterfront picnic dinner and movie at the Waterfront Park’s Summer Movies in the Park series.
- Take a day trip to Valle de Guadalupe and stop for lunch at Deckman’s en el Mogor
- Celebrate Pride!
- The San Diego Chargers are no more, so the Padres are it. They’re not the best team, but there’s nothing like baseball on a warm summer day.
- Try live sea urchin at the Little Italy Mercato
- Discover new music. I’ve had Sampha, Blackbear and GoldLink on repeat lately.
- See summer films. They’re saying Sam Elliott is going to win an Oscar for The Hero, and Nicole Kidman/Kirsten Dunst/Colin Farrell directed by Sophia Coppola in The Beguiled is a major yes.